Recipe by smiles4u
In last months Cooking Light magazine. Sounds delicious.
Top Review by SavvyL
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I have made this main dish salad many times from my worn out copy of the April 2006 Cooking Light magazine. Today, I could not find it and took a chance to look for the recipe here! Now I know I won't lose it. Thanks again.
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 hardboiled egg, cut into 4 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, place first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor, process until smooth. Chill.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and watercress in a large bowl. Place 2 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates.
- Arrange 6 Tbs chicken, 4 tomato wedges, 2 egg wedges, 2 Tbs avocado, and 1 Tbs cheese over each serving.
- Serve each salad with 1/4 cup dressing.