1/3 Photos of Cobb Salad with Brown Derby Dressing
I was served this salad on my honeymoon. The ingredients are all minced very fine, then they are tossed with the dressing at the last minute. I love it. It's perfect as a light lunch or dinner all by itself on a very hot summer day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 bunch chicory lettuce
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, skinned and seeded
- 1/2 lb smoked turkey breast
- 6 slices crisp bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced in half,seeded and peeled
- 3 hardboiled egg
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced very fine
- 1Chop all the greens very, very fine (almost minced).
- 2Arrange in rows in a chilled salad bowl.
- 3Cut the tomatoes in half, seed, and chop very fine.
- 4Fine dice the turkey, avocado, eggs and bacon.
- 5Arrange all the ingredients, including the blue cheese, in rows across the lettuces.
- 6Sprinkle with the chives.
- 7Present at the table in this fashion, then toss with the dressing at the very last minute and serve in chilled salad bowls.
- 8Serve with fresh french bread.
- 9FOR THE DRESSING: Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blend.
- 10Slowly, with the machine running, add the oil and blend well.
- 11Keep refrigerated.
- 12*NOTE:This dish should be kept chilled, and served as chilled as possible.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cobb Salad with Brown Derby Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (821 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.3
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 352.3 mg
- Sodium 3360.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 54.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: