Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This is a drop-dead, out of this world recipe! Original recipe called for 2 1/2 pounds of diced cooked chicken. I simplified it by using smoked turkey from the deli.
Top Review by sugarpea
Creamy, chewy and absolutely wonderful, Claudia Dawn. We used turkey bacon and skipped any extra meat, added some chickpeas and subbed mozzarella as that's what we had on hand. Very flexible recipe and perfect for individual tastes.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small avocado
- 1 lb honey smoked deli turkey
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 7-inch pita bread rounds, halved crosswise
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and salt& pepper to taste and add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Peel, pit, and finely chop avocado and add to dressing.
- Add turkey, tomato, bacon and cheese and toss lightly.
- Divide romaine among pita halves.
- Divide meat mixture among pita halves and sprinkle with egg.