Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from last month's Better Homes and Gardens as well. I haven't tried it yet, but its right up my alley so I plan to try it soon. I am lactose intolerant and so I am planning to sub the blue cheese dressing with some plain old Miracle Whip, and will probably skip the onions, but I will post as I found it as it looks so delicious! Please post your photos!!!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 3⁄4 cup bottled chunky bleu cheese salad dressing
- 12 slices white whole grain bread, toasted
- 12 slices bacon, crisp cooked and well drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- cherry tomatoes, cut in wedges (optional)
- In small bowl, mash eggs with 1/4 cup of the blue cheese dressing; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Spread 8 of the toast slices with salad dressing. Arrange bacon on 4 of the slices; top with sliced tomato.
- Spread the 4 remaining plain toast slices with egg mixture; top with onion and lettuce. Place one egg-topped toast on top of each bacon-topped toast. Top with remaining dressing-spread toast slices, spread side down.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks; top with cherry tomatoes. Cut each sandwich in half using a sharp knife.
Wow...a festival of flavors and textures. A neighbor smelled the bacon wafting from my window and joined us for lunch making for a most convivial and tasty dining experience.