1/2 Photos of Cobb Salad
The Cobb Salad was originally created by Bobb Cobb who owned the Brown Derby Restaurant in Hollywood, California. This version comes from Michael Bonacini who owns a restaurant in Toronto, Canada...is a chef on the Food Network and a regular guest on my favourite talk show. You can use goat's cheese or feta instead of roquefort and you can substitute the chicken with turkey, ham or shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed & dried
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, washed & dried
- 1 bunch watercress, washed & dried
- 1 small Belgian endive, washed & dried
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, poached
- 6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 avocado
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1PREPARE DRESSING: Combine all ingredients, except oils& blend well.
- 2Combine olive oil& salad oil in a separate bowl& mix well.
- 3Add to other ingredients& mix well.
- 4Cover& refrigerate until using.
- 5It keeps well for 6 weeks but be sure to blend well again just before using.
- 6PREPARE SALAD: Shred first 4 ingredients into 1/4 inch strips, toss together and place on 4 plates.
- 7Dice tomatoes, season with salt& pepper and place on top of the greens in one area of the plate.
- 8Cut chicken into strips, toss with bacon bits and 1 tbsp of the salad dressing and place beside the tomatoes.
- 9Dice or coarsely mash the avocado; season with salt& pepper and place next to the chicken.
- 10Cut the hard boiled eggs into quarters and arrange on the plates.
- 11Drizzle dressing over the salad, sprinkle with the roquefort& chives.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 865.5
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 199.1 mg
- Sodium 1311.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: