1/1 Photo of Cobb Salad
Dani Jean's Note:
This classic salad has is toned down flavours of avacados, bacon, and bleu cheese is kicked up just slightly by red wine vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 chicken breasts, on the Bone
- salt, as needed
- ground black pepper, as needed
- 20 slices bacon
- 18 ounces romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 10 fluid ounces basic red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 10 ounces tomatoes, skin on, cut into medium dice
- 10 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 avocados, cut into medium dice
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and roast to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Farenheit. Cool and remove from the bone. Cut the meat into 1/3 inch dice.
- 2Bake, Broil, or fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep warm.
- 3Salad Assembly: For each serving toss 2 oz romaine with 1 fl oz vinaigrette. mound on a plate, top with 4 oz chicken, 2 oz tomato, 1 oz bleu cheese, 2 2/3 oz avocado, 1 oz green onions, and 2 bacon strips, crumbled.
- 4*Be sure to oil grill bars on grill prior to putting on chicken. Grill so marks from the bars appear as diamonds on the chicken. Cut the chicken at an angle to keep as much breast that has been grilled showing as possible and complimentary to the marks.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (2643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.3
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 830.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red wine and vinegar salad dressing