Recipe by Dani Jean
This classic salad has is toned down flavours of avacados, bacon, and bleu cheese is kicked up just slightly by red wine vinaigrette.
- 5 chicken breasts, on the Bone
- salt, as needed
- ground black pepper, as needed
- 20 slices bacon
- 18 ounces romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 10 fluid ounces basic red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- 10 ounces tomatoes, skin on, cut into medium dice
- 10 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 avocados, cut into medium dice
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and roast to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Farenheit. Cool and remove from the bone. Cut the meat into 1/3 inch dice.
- Bake, Broil, or fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep warm.
- Salad Assembly: For each serving toss 2 oz romaine with 1 fl oz vinaigrette. mound on a plate, top with 4 oz chicken, 2 oz tomato, 1 oz bleu cheese, 2 2/3 oz avocado, 1 oz green onions, and 2 bacon strips, crumbled.
- *Be sure to oil grill bars on grill prior to putting on chicken. Grill so marks from the bars appear as diamonds on the chicken. Cut the chicken at an angle to keep as much breast that has been grilled showing as possible and complimentary to the marks.