We've been making variations of this salad for years. Funny that people don't make it much anymore. It really is good!!!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and finely diced
- 1 ounce iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 ounce romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 ounces tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 2 ounces hard-boiled eggs, , finely chopped
- 2 ounces grated Roquefort cheese
- salad dressing
- Place greens in bowl.
- Arrange all other ingredients attractively across greens.
- Add dressing when ready to serve or on the side.
Sooo good, healthy and easy! I used low fat Blue Cheese dressing and I served a hot loaf of Black Bread on the side.
Made this for lunch today and this was delicious! I did add some red onions, slivered ham, tomatoes and avocados with homemade blue cheese dressing. Thank you for posting. Made for 2013 Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag game.
I love salads and this one was delicious. This really don't take long to put together either. I make all kinds of salads for lunches either to go with a half sandwich or a bowl of soup. I forgot to my Roquefort cheese so I just sprinkled some freshly grated parmesan. As well I sprinkled a few diced red onions and a few kalamata olives and I had a little cubed ham leftover from another recipe I made so I used up that as well. Everything worked out well. It is such a tasty and filling salad. I had made two kinds of dressings to use. One was Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette and Texas Ranch Dressing. It worked out so well. Thanks for sharing your recipe Tish.