Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From RR-sounds great!
- 3 (10 ounce) packages cherry tomatoes (cherubs) or 3 (10 ounce) packages grape tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb whole wheat penne
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, grated (or minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or your favorite and add to taste)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and place a large pot of salted water over high heat to boil.
- Scatter the tomatoes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO and some salt and pepper. Toss lightly to coat and roast them in the hot oven until they burst open and are tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Place the bacon on a broiler pan and transfer to the oven as well. Cook until crispy, about 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and bacon are in the oven, drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook to al dente according to package directions. When the pasta is ready, reserve a large mug of the starchy cooking water and then drain the pasta-keep warm by returning it back into the cooking pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, season chicken pieces with salt and ground black pepper. Heat a large skillet with about 2 Tablespoons of EVOO, add the chicken, and sauté until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, scoop the diced avocado into a small bowl and squeeze the juice of the lemon over it, tossing to coat.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, add garlic to the pan, cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle in a few dashes of hot sauce and toss to coat.
- In a large serving bowl, mash cooked tomatoes together with scallions, add the pasta water and pasta.
- Top with chicken, crumble the cooked bacon over it, and toss with the avocado, blue cheese, basil, and parsley.