Recipe by ginaberry
I found this recipe and it has been a favourite of family and friends. Get asked often when I have visitors to make it.
Top Review by All U Kaneet
Excellent! I added shallots and red capsicum for a bit of colour - you pretty much use the sour cream and cream cheese and then put whatever you want in it. I had to zap the dip in the microwave as it dint heat properly in the cobb in the oven after hour and a half. I still give it 5 stars though, as it just tastes sooooo yummy!!!!
- 250 g cream cheese
- 300 ml light sour cream
- 250 g grated tasty cheese
- 3 -5 slices bacon or 3 -5 slices ham (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top off a cobb (round) loaf, gently pull out centre.
- Cut these into finger size pieces.
- Pour filling into bread shell, place on baking tray put on piece you sliced off on the top of loaf, place bread strips around the base.
- Bake slowly (100-150º) til heated through& crispy for 1 hours.
- Serve with bread fingers or crisp vegetables.