Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
In this cobb club sandwich, I take the staple ingredients of a cobb salad--avocado, bacon, egg, chicken, and blue cheese--and re-imagines it as a triple-decker club sandwich.
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and sliced thin
- 1 avocado, riped, pitted, peeled, and sliced thin
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and drained
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced
- Place tomato slices on several layers of paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 15 minutes, then press with additional paper towels to extract excess moisture.
- Using fork, mash 1/3 cup mayonnaise and blue cheese together in small bowl until smooth.
- Spread blue cheese mixture on 8 slices toast. Spread 3 tablespoons mayonnaise on remaining 4 slices toast. Place 4 cheese-coated toasts on work surface. Layer each with sliced tomato, egg, and avocado. Place plain mayonnaise-coated toasts, mayonnaise side down, over avocado; spread tops of toast with remaining mayonnaise. Continue layering with 2 strips bacon and sliced chicken. Top with remaining blue cheese-coated toasts, facing down. Cut each sandwich into triangles. Serve.
Made these for dinner tonight- we liked them. I made Hubby's club style, but ate mine on a hamburger bun- I personally don't care for club style sandwiches but Hubby loves them. The only thing I missed was some green onion, which I would add next time. I would like to try these on a wrap or on a toasted hoagie roll. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I don't add the eggs to my sandwiches, but get rave reviews whenever I serve them. Use the freshest ingredients and a good quality bread and this will become your favorite sandwich
Excellent sandwich! I made this as wraps instead of regular bread. The ways of making this up are endless. I added some pepper and I would likely leave out the blue cheese next time, but that's just my preference. I'd like to try this as a long sub sandwich cut up into individual servings. Thanks! :)