Recipe by SusieQusie
All the goodies of my favorite salad plus some chicken, served as a sandwich. Recipe adpated from The Best of America's Test Kitchen.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, skinned and diced
- 4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- leafy lettuce (optional)
- 8 sandwich buns, your favorite
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the oil is shimmering. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes then cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Mix the mayonnaise, cheese, sour cream and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the eggs, avocado and chicken; toss gently to combine.
- Split bakery rolls in half and scoop out some of the center bread. Fill hollow with chicken salad. Top with crumbled bacon and a lettuce leaf. Enjoy!
- Make ahead: The salad minus the avocado may be made and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Add the avocado just before serving.