Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just something my husband and I came up with one day while making subs. The Italian dressing was his idea, and surprisingly enough, it added a certain oomph to it.
- 1 small French bread, loaf whole
- any light Italian dressing, shaken of course
- 3 slice cotto salami
- 3 slice honey baked turkey
- 3 slice honey baked ham
- 3 slice swiss cheese
- 3 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14-118.29 ml banana pepper, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2-3 leaf iceberg lettuce, cut into strips
- 59.14-118.29 ml sliced red onion
- 29.58 ml spicy brown mustard
- 29.58 ml horseradish sauce
- Slice the french bread in half lengthwise and crosswise.
- Open and squirt desired amount of light Italian across the bread.
- Take the salami slices, turkey and ham and slice these in half, then arrange along the bread as desired.
- Slice both the swiss and cheddar cheese in the same fashion, but from corner to corner, making half triangles, and place these as desired along the bread.
- Place the sub on a microwave safe platter and warm about 30 seconds or more if you need to slightly melt the cheese.
- This also sets the Italian flavor into the bread a bit more.
- After warming, arrange the banana peppers, tomatoes, lettuce and onion as desired.
- In small bowl, combine the mustard, and horseradish sauce, and dollop desired amount across the sub evenly, then fold all four halves together and enjoy.
- (note: if you're not fond of onion, try soaking them in water about 30 min before using. This makes them sweeter to taste).