Just something my husband and I came up with one day while making subs. The Italian dressing was his idea, and surprisingly enough, it added a certain oomph to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small French bread, loaf whole
- any light Italian dressing, shaken of course
- 3 slices cotto salami
- 3 slices honey baked turkey
- 3 slices honey baked ham
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 3 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup banana pepper, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 -3 leaves iceberg lettuce, cut into strips
- 1/4-1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1Slice the french bread in half lengthwise and crosswise.
- 2Open and squirt desired amount of light Italian across the bread.
- 3Take the salami slices, turkey and ham and slice these in half, then arrange along the bread as desired.
- 4Slice both the swiss and cheddar cheese in the same fashion, but from corner to corner, making half triangles, and place these as desired along the bread.
- 5Place the sub on a microwave safe platter and warm about 30 seconds or more if you need to slightly melt the cheese.
- 6This also sets the Italian flavor into the bread a bit more.
- 7After warming, arrange the banana peppers, tomatoes, lettuce and onion as desired.
- 8In small bowl, combine the mustard, and horseradish sauce, and dollop desired amount across the sub evenly, then fold all four halves together and enjoy.
- 9(note: if you're not fond of onion, try soaking them in water about 30 min before using. This makes them sweeter to taste).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coat's ultimate sub
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1730.0
- Calories from Fat 809
- Total Fat 89.9 g
- Saturated Fat 46.4 g
- Cholesterol 264.9 mg
- Sodium 4180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 87.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: