Recipe by Elcowgirl
Believe it or not, we gave this to some 8-10 year old kids and they thought they were chicken nuggets!! Of course we didn't have to tell them the truth...
Top Review by brokenburner
Great for tofu lovers, not so great otherwise ... mine couldn't pass for chicken nuggets!! I had a lot of the dry mixture left over -- I think half the listed amount would have been plenty! They look innocuous, but the peppers give it an unexpected "zip." Thanks for posting!
- 350 g firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium sized plastic bag or in a bowl.
- Pat dry the tofu on paper towel.
- Place the slices or cubes inside a plastic bag and gently shake to coat tofu with the dry mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Lightly spray tofu with cooking oil spray.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dip (i.e. bar-b-que sauce, ranch dressing, honey-mustard, etc.).