Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy and very pretty salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups bell peppers (red, green, yellow, or orange)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine orzo, carrot, and next 5 ingredients; set aside.
- Combine lemon rind, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Pour vinaigrette over orzo salad, tossing gently. Cover and keep chilled.
This salad is great. It is so easy to make and not heavy like some pasta salads. Sometimes I add fresh corn when it is in season. YUM!