- 1⁄2 cup white mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mustard seed, wine and vinegar in a glass bowl, let stand 4 hours.
- Place this mixture in a food processor and add remaining ingredients and pulse.
- You want to retain a coarse texture.
- Place in a double boiler over simmering water,, stirring for 10 minutes or until mustard begins to thicken.
- Place in hot sterilized jars.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Consult chart for higher altitudes.