Top Review by flower7
Wow! That's some spicy mustard! This was very thick - I think I might cut back on the dry mustard next time to thin it a touch, which will also cut back on the heat a little (I used Colman's English mustard which is hot stuff!) I love mustard though so I just have to remember that with this: A dab 'l do ya! Thanks for the recipe Lorie :)
- 1⁄4 cup white mustard seeds or 1⁄4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup dry English-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mustard seed, wine vinegar and wine in a small bowl and let stand for 3 hours.
- Process in a blender on pulse until seeds are bruised and broken.
- Add dry mustard, salt, allspice, and water, mix well.
- Cover loosely, and allow to stand overnight.
- Refrigerate unused portions.