Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
for everyone who can't find coarse grained mustard in your area- and apparently there's a bunch of you :))time doesn't include 3 hours of marinating
- combine vinegar onions, and tarragon in a deep bowl.
- boil water, and add to bowl.
- let this marinate for 3 hours.
- strain into a saucepan.
- grind mustard seeds with a mortar and pestle or in a processor.
- add ground mustard and remaining ingredients to saucepan.
- bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- taste and add some water to tame the heat, if necessary.
- pour into a sterile jar, seal, and store up to 1 month.
- let it sit for 1 day before using.
I made half the recipe and now wish I'd made it all! (mustard-lover here) Very intensely-flavoured mustard. Accompanied a pork roast exceedingly well and made even better pork-roast sandwiches the next day. Thanks chia.