Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Santa's helpers can make this for any children, teens or adults who need coal in their stocking. Or it can just be a humorous offering at a Christmas party or dinner. Be sure to use the black icing color, not just cocoa crispies...otherwise you will have reindeer patties.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 297.66 g mini marshmallows
- 0.59 ml food coloring (specifically Wilton's Black NOT gel in a tube)
- 946.36 ml crispy rice cereal
OR forget the food coloring and crispy rice
- 946.36 ml Oreo cookies, crumbled
- In a large pot melt butter and add marshmallows.
- Stir until melted; add black color and mix in well.
- Add rice cereal and stir until blended.
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto silpat or parchment paper. Be sure they are in odd shapes.
- If in a stocking, wrap in cellophane; tie with a ribbon and a tag worded as appropriate.