Recipe by Ambervim
Santa's helpers can make this for any children, teens or adults who need coal in their stocking. Or it can just be a humorous offering at a Christmas party or dinner. Be sure to use the black icing color, not just cocoa crispies...otherwise you will have reindeer patties.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1⁄8 teaspoon food coloring (specifically Wilton's Black NOT gel in a tube)
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
OR forget the food coloring and crispy rice
- 4 cups Oreo cookies, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot melt butter and add marshmallows.
- Stir until melted; add black color and mix in well.
- Add rice cereal and stir until blended.
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto silpat or parchment paper. Be sure they are in odd shapes.
- If in a stocking, wrap in cellophane; tie with a ribbon and a tag worded as appropriate.