Santa's helpers can make this for any children, teens or adults who need coal in their stocking. Or it can just be a humorous offering at a Christmas party or dinner. Be sure to use the black icing color, not just cocoa crispies...otherwise you will have reindeer patties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 1/2 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1/8 teaspoon food coloring (specifically Wilton's Black NOT gel in a tube)
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
OR forget the food coloring and crispy rice
- 4 cups Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 1In a large pot melt butter and add marshmallows.
- 2Stir until melted; add black color and mix in well.
- 3Add rice cereal and stir until blended.
- 4Drop by small spoonfuls onto silpat or parchment paper. Be sure they are in odd shapes.
- 5If in a stocking, wrap in cellophane; tie with a ribbon and a tag worded as appropriate.
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coal for a Stocking
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4787.0
- Calories from Fat 1578
- Total Fat 175.3 g
- Saturated Fat 70.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 4737.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 795.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 445.2 g
- Protein 49.4 g