Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Australian cuisine of the country side.
- 250 g bologna sausage
- 300 g green beans
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 bunches chives
- Mix ingredients for dressing separately.
- Wash green beans, blanch and chill them.
- Cut bologna sausage, cucumber and eggs into slices.
- Cut red pepper and onion into slices but cut them into smaller ones.
- Arrange sliced ingredients and green beans on a dish and pour prepared dressing over salad while serving.
Very nice luncheon. Used a good Lebanon bologna and some of the prettiest green beans our market has had all year! Would have again, as this is something quick and easy. Thnx for posting, Sage. Made for ZWT5
Really tasty and light dish for lunch or a summertime supper. I had to swap the cucumber for some radishes because I was out, and we added a wedge of a good English cheese & some crackers to round out the meal. I really liked the blanched green beans. I'd never had them like that before. Even DH liked it and he's not a "salad guy". :) The dressing is awesome and could be used for other kinds of salad too. We had home grown chives so it was especially yummy. Thanks! Made for ZWT 4.