Recipe by s'kat
These are my new favourite cookie, courtesy Cookimonster from CT. These are jaw-droppingly good.
Top Review by Juliedont
I really like this cookie - I did modify a bit and make it more about lemon and cranberry and took out the cinnamon and added zest of 1 whole lemon, 1/2 t of almond extract and juice of 1/2 a lemon and I love the zing. Chopped pecans or some pine nuts for crunch would also be a nice touch....This is one I will come back to again - so quick and tasty.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
- lemon frosting
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- Cream butter, sugars and zest until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Whisk together ingredients for lemon icing.
- When cool, drizzle with lemon icing.