Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
On the edge of the Georgetown University campus, The Tombs is a daytime and evening favorite with University students, faculty and neighbors. A Washington D.C. institution, The Tombs features colorful decor highlighted by vintage crew and sporting prints, colorful sweeps, high-backed booths, and leaded glass. This is one of The Tombs most requested recipes.
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 saltine crackers
- Pick the crab meat over to remove excess shells and cartilage.
- Combine the mayo, Old Bay, parsley, mustard and water until smooth.
- Add the mayo mixture to the crab meat and mix, being careful not to break up the lumps of crab meat.
- With your hands, break up the saltines into crumbs and mix into the crab mixture.
- Form into four patties and pan-fry, or broil the cakes until golden brown.
Thanks for sharing your recipe Crab Cake Guy. I used Alaskan King Crab chunks for these crab cakes. They were quick and easy to make and I followed the recipes exactly. The crab cakes were very tender and did not stay together well. I was very tempted to add more saltine crackers, but didn't. On a personal note my dh & I found the old bay seasoning to be overpowering. I will try making these again with less old bay seasoning and more crackers.