- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 fluid ounces no-salt-added ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in the crockpot.
- Add the chicken, coating it well in the sauce.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked all the way through.
- Then shred or cut up the chicken, put it back into the barbecue sauce in the crockpot, and mix it all up so all the pieces are coated.
- You can keep the crockpot on low to keep the chicken warm for serving on hard rolls or sub rolls.