Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Homemade dog treats are fun to make and healthier than many of the store-bought versions.
Make and share this Cluck-A-Doodle-Doggie Treats recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour and cornmeal in a bowl.
- In a large bowl add the egg, oil and broth and mix.
- Add the flour mixture about 1/3 at a time and mix well between additions.
- Add chopped chicken livers until well incorporated into a stiff dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for about 1 minute.
- Roll out to a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Cut into shapes using a cookie cutter dipped in flour.
- Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake treats for about 15 minutes or until firm.
Well, since I don't really want to taste these myself, my review is based on my dogs opinion... she loves them. I will take some to my grooming shop and see if my clients pets agree. I like that they do not have any artificial ingredients in them. Thank you for posting. (Made for My 3 Chefs)