These are really popular finger food in Australia. Maybe you call them ribbon sandwiches, but most often they are know as club sandwiches here.
- If you have your bread sliced at the thickness for sandwiches, you should have 8 long slices.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave if necessary so you don't tear the bread.
- Lay your bread slices out, and spread with the cream cheese-just as you would with butter for a normal sandwich.
- On the first slice, top with the ham, then a bread slice, top with tomato, and a bread slice, top with the mashed egg, then a final bread slice.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 slices of bread and filling.
- I like to place 12 cocktail sticks in the sandwich stacks so I can see where I will be cutting, then I take my electric knife, remove the crusts, and finally cut each stack into 12.
- *Theseare only suggested filling that are popular and cut easily.