Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple but yummy sandwich for days when I need something filling and quick :) Note: The recipe is for 1 sandwich but because I cook up the veggies and bacon for the whole week, I've listed the full amounts used as a whole on those. I usually cook the bacon & sauté the veggies the night before so I can just microwave everything together for lunch during the week.
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers, colors of choice
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces deli turkey or 2 ounces deli roast beef
- 10 slices bacon or 10 slices turkey bacon, cooked & torn in half
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 kaiser roll, lightly toasted (any bread of your choice will work)
- Rinse and slice onion, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Drizzle olive oil in a medium skillet & place over medium heat. Add sliced veggies plus minced garlic.
- Cook about 5 mins until veggies are semi-soft & have some nice browning.
- To make sandwich: Using a paper towel or wax paper, place your deli meat on 1st and then add the amount of sautéed veggies you want and microwave about 20 seconds.
- Add 2 slices of bacon torn in half & slice of Swiss cheese. Microwave another 20 seconds or so.
- Spread Miracle Whip and ketchup on bottom of bun.
- Place meat mix on bun & enjoy.