If you ever have the pleasure to come to a family or friends gathering in Iceland you will be able to try this. If you think your chances are not that high for that, try it for yourself. This is such an easy crowd pleaser, you will be amazed! 12 ounces are about 340 grames which makes 1-2 packages. I prefere it not to be too rich. You can use plain cream cheese or cream cheese with herbs. You can leave the ham and use sliced and panfried mushrooms instead. If you want the sandwhich to be higher, only pour half of the mixture onto the bread, then add onother layer of bread and finish as stated below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread an about 10" x 7" baking tray with butter.
- 2Cut the bread into 1/2" slices and them into the tay so it covers.
- 3Put cream cheese and asparagus (including the water in the can) into a mixing bowl. If your asparagus is whole, cut it into 1" pieces before you add it.
- 4Mix everything until smooth.
- 5Spice with salt and pepper.
- 6Cut ham into small pieces and add. Stir.
- 7Pour the mixture over the bread.
- 8Spread with cheese.
- 9Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, the cheese looks golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Club Sandwich - Baked
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 1145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with herbs