Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
They serve these at a lot of restaurants and they are easy to do, except cutting the puppies. They are good on hot days.
- 3 slices toasted bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices American cheese
- 4 slices shaved ham
- 4 tomatoes, sliced, divided
- 4 leaves lettuce, divided
- 4 slices crisp bacon, divided
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices shaved deli turkey
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of a piece of toast; add layer of American cheese, ham, two slices of tomato, two leaves of lettuce, and two pieces of bacon.
- Spread mayonnaise on second piece of toast and place on top, mayo side down.
- Spread mayonnaise on top of that second piece of toast.
- Layer Monterey Jack cheese, the rest of the tomatoes, lettuce, turkey and bacon on top.
- Spread mayonnaise on third piece of toast and place on the stack mayo side down.
- Slice the sandwich in quarters diagonally.
- Skewers or long toothpicks may be used to hold all the layers together.
I hadn't made a club sandwich in a long time. I was glad to revisit a classic. The secret to cutting a club is to lightly trace an X from corner to corner then insert the toothpicks before cutting. You end up with perfect triangles this way and everything holds together. I did reduce the amounts of cheese & ham on the sandwich & served with Sweet Potato Chips. Thanks for the walk down memory lane! :-)
This is an excellent sandwich. If you put long toothpicks in the four sections of the sandwich before you cut it, it holds the sandwich together very nicely. I used poached chicken instead of the deli turkey, using the Poached Chicken Poached Chicken here at zaar. Another time I used some thin slices of black forest ham. The variations are endless; I have used different cheeses such as Swiss or Mozzarella too.
I made one sandwich which I shared with the DM using wholemeal/wholegrain bread and instead of turnkey used finely sliced chicken otherwise made as directed and the DM and I enjoyed immensely, thank you Dienia B., made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by lazyme.