Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I've adapted from the Club Med version, after trial and error. My family and friends love this bread! This makes 2 loaves of bread, which I put in a french bread pan.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gluten
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Place flour, yeast and gluten in mixing bowl. Mix on medium-low or first speed for 1 minute with the hook attachment.
- Add water and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt and continue to mix for another 8 - 10 minutes on medium or second speed.
- Add the chips and mix for an additional 1 - 2 minutes, or until the chips are well distributed throughout the dough.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and lightly kneed into a ball.
- Put dough into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with Pam and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Cut dough into two portions and kneat them into the desired form, and place them into your pans (lined with parchment or silpat).
- Let loaves rise for about an hour.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
Skipped the gluten worked fine. Great bread.