Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found a recipe at hiddenvalley.com and altered it awhile back. It was a hit with my kids (the picky eaters!) and my dh too...so I decided to post it.
- 1⁄2 cup club cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup shredded pizza cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 ounce size packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- combine sour cream, milk and hidden valley ranch dressing mix to make dressing. ( i use the fat free sour cream to replace the mayo that the mix calls for).
- combine cracker crumbs, cheese and salt/pepper.
- Dip the chicken into half of the ranch dressing on both sides. Then dip the chicken into the cracker crumb mix on one side only.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crispy. Use the remaining ranch dressing as a dip/sauce for the chicken once baked.
Soooooo yummy! Great weeknight meal, and easy too! Thanks Ella for a keeper!
fantastic!! everyone loved these, from my toddler to the adults. i did make some changes. i let the chicken marinate all day in the ranch mixture. and i actually cut the chicken into thin strips, so i doubled the cracker/cheese mixture to make sure i had enough. i added a little dill and parsley to the cracker mixture too. i breaded these before dinner and had them sitting on a pan in the fridge until we were ready to start cooking. i drizzled the strips with some melted butter, then i baked these at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. they were cooked perfectly and were golden brown. this is a keeper!! thanks for posting! will make often, maybe even make more and flash freeze for lazy days! made for pac spring '10.