Recipe by Connie C.
Another original recipe from Hudson's in Detroit. Known for their famous food in the early 1900's which was served in their department store.
- 1 lb boneless skinned chicken breast
- hot bacon salad dressing (see Hot Bacon Dressing recipe)
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups shredded leaf lettuce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil chicken til done (about 8 minutes). While it is still warm, cut it into strips and place in a bowl with 1/2 cup hot bacon dressing. Set aside to cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with both lettuces. Divide among 4 large salad plates. Arrange chicken on top and sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Drizzle 2 T. dressing over top of each salad.
- (makes 4 servings).