2 hrs 20 mins
These are delicious with just a hint of sweetness. Bake these rolls up to a day ahead; store at room temperature in a zip-top plastic bag, or freeze them for later. Wrap the rolls in foil and reheat at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 1 1/2 cups bread flour, whole wheat flour, honey, butter, and salt to yeast mixture; stir until well blended. Add 1/4 cup bread flour; stir until a soft dough forms.
- 2Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining bread flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- 3Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide dough into 12 equal portions. Working with 1 portion at a time, divide each portion into 3 pieces; shape each piece into a ball (cover remaining dough to prevent it from drying). Place 3 balls in each muffin cup. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 6Uncover dough. Combine 1 tablespoon water and egg; brush over rolls. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cloverleaf Honey-Wheat Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 218.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g