Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Old recipe cut off of a Cloverleaf butter box, a long, long time ago, by my Grandmom. Nice addition to holiday trays.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Cream butter well and add sugar and egg.
- Add flour, vanilla and nuts; mix well.
- Shape into balls the size of a nut and place on buttered cookie sheets.
- Flatten to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake at 375° for about 12 minutes.
I have made these before. We really enjoy them. We eat them hard and they are sweet and wonderful.