Recipe by looneytunesfan
With their yummy peppermint and marshmallow flavor, they'll make even those without Irish hearts happy. And they'll have the cook smiling, too, because they're so easy to assemble.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups large marshmallows (about 40)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- green sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and cereal; mix well. With buttered hands, press mixture into a greased foil-lined 13x9x2-inch pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Turn onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut with a 3-in. shamrock cookie cutter; reshape shamrock stem if needed (save scraps for another use). In a microwave, melt candy coating.
- Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon over cutouts and spread evenly. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set.