Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
With their yummy peppermint and marshmallow flavor, they'll make even those without Irish hearts happy. And they'll have the cook smiling, too, because they're so easy to assemble.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups large marshmallows (about 40)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- green sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and cereal; mix well. With buttered hands, press mixture into a greased foil-lined 13x9x2-inch pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Turn onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut with a 3-in. shamrock cookie cutter; reshape shamrock stem if needed (save scraps for another use). In a microwave, melt candy coating.
- Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon over cutouts and spread evenly. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set.