Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice fruit dessert
- 4 large sweet apples, peeled and cored, each cut vertically into 6 wedges
- 24 whole cloves
- 158.51 ml water
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Press one clove into each apple wedge.
- In a large saucepan combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add apples. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until apples are tender about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rearrange apples once during cooking time.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Top each serving with yogurt.
I used 3 large apples for 3 of us and served with a French vanilla yoghurt and served it cold for dessert - would also be nice for breakfast, thank you Morgainegeiser, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #81 October 2013.
This was wonderful !! made this for dessert, and a football snack for us , made recipe as written. The yogurt was a nice touch too, nice to have something healthy, and since we picked apples over the weekend, this was a great use for them. Served these warm. Made for AU/NZ tag. Great dessert.
I loved it! Made this for a healthier dessert and topped it with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt. Very much reminded me of baked apples but without the baking. The apples were served at room temperature. Made for Aussie Swap January 2012.