Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this recipe because it is fresh and light. Around here if you say "banana pudding" people always think vanilla wafers, so this is a nice little surprise.
- 1 lb betty crocker angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 5 1⁄8 ounces Jello gelatin, cook 'n serve pudding mix. banana cream flavor
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, extra creamy
- 2 cups milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- make cake according to directions on box.
- when cake has completely cooled tear into bite sized pieces and place in big bowl.
- make pudding according to directions on box.
- pour hot pudding over cake pieces.
- slice banana and place in single layer over top.
- spread cool whip over all.
- chill at least one hour before serving.
I followed the directions for this recipe, which means that I omitted the 2nd ingredient (1 1/4 cups water) which the directions didn't include ~ Worked for me, & I had a VERY NICE PUDDING DESSERT! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]