Recipe by Chocolatl
A bit different, using rose water. Adapted from Classic Canadian Cooking. Prep time is actually cooking time; cook time is chilling time. It's best to use a cooking thermometer when making this recipe.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat mace, rose water and milk in a small sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool and strain into the egg.
- Strain mixture into the cream.
- Place on top of a double boiler over gently boiling water.
- Slowly heat mixture to 165°F
- Pour into a bowl and chill for 24 hours.