24 hrs 20 mins
A bit different, using rose water. Adapted from Classic Canadian Cooking. Prep time is actually cooking time; cook time is chilling time. It's best to use a cooking thermometer when making this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat mace, rose water and milk in a small sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2Cool and strain into the egg.
- 3Strain mixture into the cream.
- 4Place on top of a double boiler over gently boiling water.
- 5Slowly heat mixture to 165°F
- 6Pour into a bowl and chill for 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clotted Cream
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.8 mg
- Sodium 37.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: