1/3 Photos of Close to Mimi's Honey Bran Muffins
I have been trying to find a recipe that would be close to the muffins at Mimi's restaurant. This one is the closest I have found and they ARE yummy. Found at Cooks.com. If you don't have buttermilk, just put two teaspoons apple cider vinegar in two cups regular milk and let stand for 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in honey and water.
- 5Using a brush, coat bottom and sides of muffin tins.
- 7Mix fruit, honey and oil until smooth.
- 8Beat in eggs, then buttermilk and bran.
- 9Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- 10Add to mixture and beat until just combined.
- 11Fill tins 3/4 full.
- 12Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until springy to the touch.
- 13Cool for 2 minutes then invert on rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Close to Mimi's Honey Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 689.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g