1/1 Photo of Clootie Dumpling
Missy Wombat's Note:
After reading some of Miller's very droll reviews today I had to post this in his honour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1one large square of cotton or linen cloth is needed as a pudding cloth.
- 2Mix all the ingredients together with enough milk to make a not too wet mixture.
- 3Drop linen cloth in boiling water, using tongs remove and wring out excess moisture.
- 4Sprinkle the cloth with flour.
- 5Put the dumpling mixture into the centre of the cloth and tie securely with twine.
- 6Dont leave too much room in the cloth or the dumpling will split.
- 7Place the dumpling into a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 3 hours.
- 8Make sure the water level is topped up with more hot water to about half way up the side.
- 9The dumpling should be covered with water.
- 10It is a good idea to use a heat-proof plate in the bottom of the pot to keep the dumpling off the pot base.
- 11When ready, put dumpling on a wooden breadboard and carefully remove cloth.
- 12Put plate on top and turn over.
- 13Put in a warm oven for 10 minutes.
- 14Turn dumpling onto a clean plate and put into oven for a further 10 minutes.
- 15Note: Double the amount requires four hours' boiling.
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clootie Dumpling
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1499.9
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 284.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 146.8 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: