Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and they taste just like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! This recipe differs a bit from others in that it doesn't use graham cracker crumbs....it's pure peanut butter/chocolate heaven! Because these are so rich, I usually cut them into 1 1/4 inch squares, but you can make them as large or small as you want.
- 18 ounces peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix peanut butter, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, brown sugar and 1/2 cup margarine or butter. When thoroughly mixed, press into a 9x13" pan.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup margarine or butter together in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over peanut butter mixture.
- Cool and cut into squares. Store covered; these freeze well also.