Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is fabulous! The dough is so sweet.This comes from the Allrecipes website. I can't believe this isn't posted here so I thought I'd put it here for safekeeping. My husband thinks these are the greatest thing I make. Sometimes I add raisins (his favorite). Rising time isn't included in the time but it takes about 3 hrs. total time.
- 1 cup milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
THIS IS THE ONE. Because it is so popular (and delicious) other fakers have uploaded cinnabon's of a similar name - but with questionable ingredients such as: what flour (yuck) and pudding (blechch). Want a perfect Cinnabon bun? Here you go. When I first found this recipe it was the only one on this site. Now I have to sift through a bunch of icky ones to find this one. It's FABULOUS. It is the only cinnamon bun recipe I use, ever. It's perfect!
This is the only cinnamon roll recipe I will ever use, I put it in the vault, everyone loves it, my husband's first choice, I've even had to send them to college with my cousin he loves them so much. I am sending it to my grandma right now!
You will never find a better recipe as close as this one is to a real Cinnabon. It's so easy to make! My husband has made them many times and has given them to friends and family at Christmastime. He attaches the recipe now because every person he gave them to ask for it. You will NOT be disappointed.