Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is fabulous! The dough is so sweet.This comes from the Allrecipes website. I can't believe this isn't posted here so I thought I'd put it here for safekeeping. My husband thinks these are the greatest thing I make. Sometimes I add raisins (his favorite). Rising time isn't included in the time but it takes about 3 hrs. total time.
- 1 cup milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.