Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
I'm not a big tuna casserole fan - in fact, this is the only one I will eat. I make it when I get bored with ground beef and chicken and need something budget-friendly. Please Note: Leftovers are not quite as good as the corn chips lose their crunch, so it is best when eaten the same day. Not so much a concern for me, as my husband will eat almost anything and doesn't care about the soggy corn chips. The kids and I just save any leftovers for him! : )
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (6 1/2-7 ounce) cans chunk tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups crushed corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook onion, celery and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, mayo, tuna and seasonings; simmer 5 minutes.
- In a 2 quart casserole, layer half the macaroni, half the tuna, half the cheese and.
- half the corn chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minute Serves 6.