Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This muffin recipe is from Clifton's Cafeteria, located in downtown Los Angeles. The cafeteria, with it's fanciful decor, opened in the depression era, and these muffins have been on the menu ever since.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Combine sugar and eggs in the large bowl of an electric mixer and beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add oil in a slow steady stream, beating constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and vanilla and blend well.
- Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- Fold in dry ingredients just until batter is moistened; do not overmix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 22 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan.