Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple, yet versatile cole slaw recipes comes from the popular cafeteria chain in Los Angeles.
Make and share this Clifton's Cafeteria Cole Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Take off outer leaves of cabbage. Core cabbage and cut cabbage into narrow wedges, then slice wedges into thin strips. Place strips into a large bowl.
- Add sugar and salt, mix well. Let stand at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, and mayonnaise, mix. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours. Makes 6 - 8 servings.
- Note: Can add any of the following to the cole slaw: celery seeds, shredded carrots, green pepper, raisins, chopped apples, red cabbage, nuts, pineapple, etc.
Somewhat bland and sweet. I would cut the sugar to 2 tablespoons. Not to our taste, but thanks for taking the time to post.