1/2 Photos of Clifton Street Lasagna
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
When my husband and I were first married, we lived in an apartment on Clifton Street. We got together with some of our neighbors to put this recipe together. Note: I'm not sure if this is clear in the instructions, but you can make this with just the beef, just the shrimp, or some of both.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 6 ounces beer
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, deveined shrimp or 1 1/2 lbs peeled deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine sauce, paste, beer and Italian seasoning in saucepan over low heat.
- 3Simmer about 5 minutes.
- 4In large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and saute meat or shrimp with 1 teaspoon garlic and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- 5Stir into sauce.
- 6In same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter, and add onions, 1 teaspoon garlic, and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt.
- 7Cook until onions are translucent.
- 8Stir into sauce.
- 9Melt remaining butter and saute mushrooms, remaining garlic and remaining seasoning salt. Cook about 2 minutes.
- 10Stir into sauce.
- 11Combine ricotta, egg and parmesan and mix well.
- 12Spoon a little sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 13Add a layer of noodles, then a layer of ricotta mixture, then a layer of sauce.
- 14Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 15Repeat layers, finishing with cheese.
- 16Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clifton Street Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.4
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 852.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: