Recipe by JanuaryBride
A super FAST, vegan dip. . .perfect for a Super Bowl party! Recipe by Lisa Mouton as published in Penzey's Spices Winter 2010 catalog. UPDATE: I used this dip as the base for a layered Mexican dip with low fat sour cream, salsa, low fat cheese, and avocado and WOW was it fabulous!
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄8 large onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (less to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. NOTE: I used black beans that I had soaked and cooked myself and they must have been a little drier than those from a can, so I added about 2T of water to get it creamy.
- Serve with tortilla chips, carrots and bell peppers for dipping.